Saturday, March 3, 2018

Top Notch Tour Finals Thunder Alley R/C Raceway 2018

On February 10th 2018 I attended the Top Notch Tour Finals at Thunder Alley RC Raceway. I struggled at this race, but I did well enough in the series to earn a 3rd place overall finish.  Thank you Oscar Lopez and Buddy Blacksmith for all the help, you guys are legit. 


Here is a shot of the massive triple that proved to be a huge challenge.




Here is a shot of the straight away in front of pit lane. This part of the track was very fast.



 Here is a shot at the top of the track. There are lots of elevation changes, off camber jumps, and rhythm sections.



Here is a shot of one of the step ups! This jump really kicked my butt.


There double double in the middle of the track was tricky. You had to get this section right otherwise you would fall way behind before a turn marshal got you.


A shot of where I was pitting.















Here is the video of the A main of Sportsman Nitro Buggy. I landed this crazy flip over the triple in this race. The flip was insane.













Here is a shot of the podium for the overall points. I was super pumped to make the podium.




The AKA crew did really well  series, check out all the trophies!



 I really like the Top Notch Tour racing series, I think I will race it again. I am still new to nitro, so I have a long way to go in improving my skills.



Thank you AKA and Team Trinity for all of your support with keeping my tires, motor, and batteries dialed.




-Matthew Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment