Sunday, February 28, 2016

Racing update




Hello Everyone! I have been doing a lot of testing lately trying to get my trucks dialed with the right tires, motor, battery and set up. I raced a couple weeks back to test my set up in race conditions. I did decent and earned myself some race bucks at OCRC.



This is a shot of the track I was racing on. The track was in the Reedy race layout.

TIRES
    I learned the importance of tire set up at this race and I want to share what I learned. A fellow racer saw that I was not using a tire sauce and suggested I use it. I know that tire sauce can be expensive and it accelerates the deterioration of the tire it is used on. For the average racer, going through lots of tires can be prohibitive to the all important racing budget. When raising the cost concern to my fellow racer, I was simply told, "Do you want to win or conserve tires?".  I tried some tire sauce and noticed that my traction level increased greatly and that lead to faster lap times due to faster vehicle responsiveness and greater corner speed.

     I have been using Pro-Line Electrons with different tire sauces and getting excellent results. I will be continuing to test until I find the performance I like. Also I am struggling to break my 20 second lap barrier at OCRC and I am trying everything I can to get there.




Good luck at the races! Remember, you can always ask me for help, just look for the Pro-Line traction, Trinity/Revtech power and the KLA logo at the track.





-Matthew Garcia





No comments:

Post a Comment